One week from today, we will be in Karaganda! Right now, it seems forever away. I had my first official melt down today in the NC Secretary of State's office. Yep, after 18 whole months of changes, glitches, set backs, waiting and waiting - I just started to cry. The women behind the big old wooden cherry walls was curt, mean, not helpful, never even cracked a smile, and finally, got me totally confused! Finally, her boss came out, took me to her office, and got things taken care of. Not so much of a big deal as the mean lady made it appear. All the stuff that was so 'wrong' was easily rectified!
Other than the darn dossier ...we have everything in place. Our Visa's came in, and our tickets are purchased. Packing is about 60% completed. I just need to run through my lists one more time!
We leave Saturday night and fly to Washington/Dulles and land in Frankfurt at 11:30 am on Sunday. We leave for Almaty, Kazakhstan around 1:30pm or so, and land at 11:55 pm and head to our apartment. We have our first official meeting the afternoon July 20th, and fly to Karaganda that same day. If we are lucky, we will meet our little girl on July 21!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like you are almost ready! I know what you mean about the SOS office. The ladies there are mean. I also had a near meltdown there last year before we got Aaliya. Get through this week, then take a deep, relaxing breath when you board the plane. After that, things will fall into place.
So excited for you guys!!!
woo hoo!!! are there pics i can see of iliana?
wish I could have been there:)
Post a Comment