Friday, September 25, 2009

Gotcha Day











Wednesday September 23, 2009 is the day we will celebrate Lily's Gotcha Day. It just seemed right for our family. The whole southeast was covered in storms, and I feared they wouldn't arrive on time, perhaps even at all. As the day wore on, I checked the hourly forecast again around 3:00 - and the storms seemed to have disappeared. They landed in DC late - got through immigration, and believe it or not, got their connection and landed at RDU right on time. I stood with Sean watching the arrivals board (actually, he didn't stand anywhere- he could barely contain himself) and as I saw their plane approach I turned my head toward the Arrivals Board and at that very second it switched to 'LANDED.' That's when my tear's began.

I spotted Ryan first, and as I looked down there she was! That little face.... Her proud, and very tired daddy pushed his little girl to the finish line! Sean and I ran up and just pounced on all of them. Lily was very, very unsure about anyone but Poppa. She cried when she didn't see him, and wouldn't come to me at all. This, I expected.

As we pulled out of the parking deck the biggest, fattest, most vivid rainbow appeared over the airport terminal. It stopped all of us in our tracks. Lily's Rainbow. Could there be a more heaven sent sign? I hope the pictures turn out.

Once we got home and settled...the night was up and down - I was solo. She and I had time together, and morning brought a whole new Lily. After a huge breakfast with Sean, Ryan, Daddy and I...our day progressed and she became more familiar with her new home. Our Golden Retriever scares the hell out of her - but as of this writing Packer is starting to grow on her. Packer is thrilled to have another baby in the house. Her diet just got much more interesting again!

She napped for 3 hours, we woke her up for dinner. At 7:00 she was fast asleep - woke at 2:15, took a bottle, and asleep again at 3:00. At 6:15 this morning, both brothers were in her room ready to greet her and get her day started. It is now 9:00 - and she is fast asleep, in her crib. Our baby girl is home.

4 comments:

Jstar said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray, and congratulations to all!

Joby and Marla said...

What a great description of Gotcha Day!!!!

Lily's rainbow...just perfect!

I am so happy for your family & can't wait to meet ya'll.

Jessica and Chris said...

Yipeeeeee!!! We are so incredibly excited for you guys!! Yay!!!

Alison said...

Your description of their arrival gave me goosebumps - what a moment. I hope the last month has gone as smoothly as the first day. Really enjoyed your blog and wish you all the best, she is beautiful!