Pretty big day, nothing changes really, but it's a milestone in this trip. Thought I would detail a few interesting things about Karaganda...Kaz in general.
1) No squirrels or variety of birds...just giant pigeons that scare the hell out of me.
2) Dogs are ugly, and few have them as pets...they are street 'dogs'
3) Water smells in our apartment, but it works. Water pressure is hit or miss. Craig started shaving while I was in the shower. I have a third degree burn on my hiney.
4) Ever tried lobster flavored potato chips? How about cavier.... Better yet, how about Mayo and Tomato flavored Pringels? Nope, have not tried any as of this writing.
5) Street walking is a hazard to your well being...I fear being impailed with a rusty old pipe that is sticking out of the ground, concrete steps, or buildings. They are everywhere. I am ready to put Sean on a leash in hope of keeping him on the road and out of the emergency room.
6) Young kids love to talk to us...they know Hello, How are you, and How old are you. Love it. I am 29 by the way in my little utopia.
7) Wondering how the painted on jeans of all the women here ever come off. My shorts and running shoes are a dead give away.
8) Karaganda beer is awesome! I don't drink beer...but Neal and Jeff...it rocks!
9) The hallway outside our apartment is yet another death trap - insulation, windows, sheet rock, long strips of metal just laying around...amid strollers and a giant toy jeep. Again, I breath a sigh of relief when Sean makes it from A-Z with out a cut or fall.
10) We love it here...and can honestly say that we don't miss the hustle and bustle of reality!
tp
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Half-way...yea!! love the pics! What a wonderful family. Laughed about the birds!! Things here are progressing....final sign off this week!! Looks like Aug 25th start. Can't wait till you get home but so happy things are going so well there. Miss ya! Give everyone a hug and kiss for me. be safe
Time sure flies doesn't it? I can't believe you are half way through your first visit. Can you give us an idea of your remaining timeline? What happesn next? I sense a change in tone regarding your appreciation of Kaz. Be careful.
Ahhh, yes. You are taking your life in your hands when you walk on the street/sidewalk. And Aidan did cut his hand on that metal in the hallway. That was not always there. They recently started doing construction to the apartment that is straight ahead when you walk in. I think I would suggest a leash for Sean :) I know we had the kids strapped into the strollers at all times!!
I tried emailing you but only have your work email which sent me an automatic message. If you have another one send the address if you have time. jwearing@hotmail.com
Tell Oxana hello and that the kids are doing great! We can't wait to hear when you get close to court!
I am so glad you guys are enjoying Karaganda. We truly had a nice time and there are still many things we miss about there. We look forward to your posts :)
Bring some beer back for me and Jeff!!
Post a Comment