Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our Last Weekend

I must write about our Friday before I forget everything. Craig got sick Thursday afternoon, and was wiped out by bed. All day Friday he was home, and couldn't see Lily. So, Sean and I made our usual morning visit. As I was feeding Lily, I noticed that Sean was no where to be found. I looked and looked...nothing! I didn't panic, he couldn't have gotten too far. Well, I finally ventured over to the other baby room where our friends from Paris were feeding thier baby. I walk in and there is Sean holding a bowl mashing up bananas for them! He stayed most of the visit helping out in the younger baby room. He stopped in every so often to hug and kiss his sister...then went back to visit his friends. Amazing. I think he may be offered a job.

After I returned to the apartment around 5 or so, a knock on our apartment door. Weird...who knows us, let alone speaks English? A few weeks ago, I started talking to a young girl (Naz) and she remembered us. She was so nice and had her sister with her. They offered to take us on a walk to the park. They wanted to learn about America! It was such fun. After we returned home and finished dinner (yes, I am cooking in the apartment, and getting very good!) their twin brothers came down and asked if Sean could go hang out in their apartment. He was gone in a flash.

Craig and I were alone in the apartment!! What ever would we do??? He was still sick! Oh well...we finished our 100th movie of the trip, and waited for Little Red to return.

Saturday is baby house visits and the beginning of packing. ;-(

2 comments:

Jessica and Chris said...

Hey! I'm so glad Sean (and you guys too) have made friends with them. Chris would play soccer with the boys sometimes. They are very sweet. I hate that Craig was sick. yuck....no one likes that! Was it food related? We are praying for a great day in court!

Mary Jo said...

This will probably be our last message before your return. So we hope all goes well in court. Sorry to hear Craig got sick. Hope he is well by now.

Have a safe trip home.